The VertiKKA research project was launched in 2018 by ten project partners with the aim of conceptually developing and prototyping low-maintenance, self-regulating green modules with integrated photovoltaic elements and irrigation using pre-cleaned graywater.
Overall, VertiKKA is a comprehensive model solution for an innovative, new component of sustainable urban development. By integrating water management and land use aspects, new synergies are exploited - with far-reaching benefits for sustainable material flow management, increased resource efficiency, higher resilience to weather extremes and an enhancement of urban appearance.
This cross-disciplinary and cross-sectoral objective of VertiKKA requires bringing partners from different fields of science, technology and local politics to the same table.
- Development of a multifunctional facade greening module with the elements plant, irrigation management and PV module.
- Modeling and simulation of all material flows of VertiKKA
- Sustainability assessment of the overall system
- Concept for transformation and for increasing stakeholder participation
- Development of operator models
- Investigation of acceptance